PEAR Shaped WLAN Products Unveiled
November 14, 2001
Antenna designer rolls out 802.11b products branded as the PEAR Wireless product line - with a focus on RF technology for signal optimization
Galtronics' Wireless Networking Group developed the PEAR Wireless product line for a range of environments including places like hospitals and manufacturing centers. Galtronics also stated that the product line is designed around a unique image -- the pear -- offering instant recognition of compatibility and aesthetic appeal.
The PEAR Wireless product set currently includes:
- PEAR Wall Access Point - wall mounted AP with directional antenna
- PEAR Ceiling Access Point - ceiling mounted AP with omni-directional antenna, reducing signal loss, adding security
- PEAR Desktop Access Point - shaped in the image of a pear! It features a dual spatial diversity internal antenna
- PEAR USB Adapter - similarly shaped with an internal antenna
- PEAR PC Card - for use in a laptop
The PEAR Wireless products currently available include the Desktop Access Point, the USB Adapter, and PC Card, price at $299, $149.95, and $129.95 respectively. The Wall and Ceiling APs will be available in December for $659 and $695. PEAR Wireless products will be available through the line's VAR program and other mobile equipment suppliers. More information about each of the products is available at the PEAR Wireless Web site.
NetMotion Mobility will enable network managers to enforce VPN security while continuing to provide wireless optimizations such as application persistence and link optimizations. The software also offers enhanced data security through a variety of encryption options, including AES (Rijndael), and uses InterNetwork Roaming technology to provide a continuous and secure connection within PEAR Wireless networks.
Matthew Peretz is Managing Editor of 802.11-Planet.com